USA - East

Rome

Moscow

India - Delhi

Singapore

Site Chat | Forum

ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered Apr 25 '16
Now that the server issues seem to be resolved - I wish to remind / inform everyone that the New Site was activated long before I had planned on due to the server issues, I had to activate the new site or have us offline for at least a week, which I was not willing to do. Also the current chat is in place only because it was the quickest way for me to get a reliable chat going.

Now I plan on working on getting my preferred chat up and running. This will mean separate main chats at both sites but with a Shared/Linked side bar chat for communication between the 2 sites.

I will update more as i have progress and information.

ruptered

Share:
ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered Apr 26 '16
UPDATE on CHAT -

You will not find the guest/member chat on your profile page, at least not right now. It is only the internal messaging system, which I would use exclusively except it does not work well with mobile.
The Dashboard page will have a different chat that i am testing as a possible replacement.

I would encourage all to test the chat on the Dashboard and provide feedback

ruptered

sacculus f/m busting
sacculus Apr 27 '16
why are there two chat windows. I have awindow over, the second?
ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered Apr 27 '16

Quote from sacculus why are there two chat windows. I have awindow over, the second?
I need to know what page you are looking at when this happens if I am to answer.

sacculus f/m busting
sacculus Apr 29 '16
It is not for any particular side, both windows are on all sides of me. I took a screenshot to explain it. In the  first picture shows both chat windows, one of which can be glimpsed in the background and  in image two, I have minimized the top chat window
to show the underlying window .

ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered Apr 29 '16
I think I found a way to correct it. Please let me know if the issues has been resolved and thanks for bringing the concern to my attention.

rupt

Quote from sacculus It is not for any particular side, both windows are on all sides of me. I took a screenshot to explain it. In the  first picture shows both chat windows, one of which can be glimpsed in the background and  in image two, I have minimized the top chat window
to show the underlying window .

sacculus f/m busting
sacculus May 2 '16
It´s gone now. Thanks!

While we're talking about it, can you do something to prevent the chat to reloads every time you change sides? it's annoying when you're in a chat in the General chat, for example?
The Forum post is edited by sacculus May 2 '16
ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered May 2 '16
If you are talking about when the chat reloading when changing pages? The answer is there is nothing I can do about it. It's the way the chat is designed. Sorry about that.
ruptered SiteOwner
ruptered May 2 '16

On a side note, I have made a few configuration changes to the site and at least for me, I see faster page loads with the chat reloading almost instant.
Quote from RupturedNuts (admin) If you are talking about when the chat reloading when changing pages? The answer is there is nothing I can do about it. It's the way the chat is designed. Sorry about that.